Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Its Only the Beginning Folks!

I'm baaaack! As much as I enjoy looking at everyone else's blogs, I decided maybe someone out there somewhere would want to share in parts of my life and passions! I had started blogging in college and have drawn a blank to the email and website I used previously, so I have to start all over!

At this point in my life, everything is a collaboration of God, dreams, needs, tears, love, happiness, disasters, dogs and cats, cosmetology school, my mom and dad, and friends. You can already taste the drama, riiiight? I wouldn't be a girly girl without it! :)

Something hit me about 8 months ago. What was I doing with my life and where did I want it to be in 5 years? I always saw myself working in a salon, laughing with girlfriends, being married and having 5 kids, and dressing in cute high-heels. I've quickly outgrown the vision of wearing heels. Wide feet and cankles just don't mix with 1/2 inch of surface area! But the vision for my life was being hindered by lack of motivation, money and other priorities. Nonetheless, I decided I needed to be proactive and use the passions that God gave me and shoot for the stars. So, in November I enrolled in cosmetology school. I know, CRAZY right?! Maybe that's why God allowed me to be single, no 5 kids, a passion towards a goal, and supportive fur-babies at home with enormously large bladders to be able to put up with my long days ;) I knew what I would be getting into with a full-time job and night classes Mon-Thursday, but man oh man, I thought I could handle it. Let me be the first to say, I'm exhausted. Migraines, stress, emotions, dark eyes and grumbling have become part of my daily routine. Its only a year and a half more. I must press on towards the goal!

In the meantime, I constantly stalk home decor blogs, gardening blogs, craft blogs, food blogs, thrifty blogs, facebook and just itch with anticipation for the day when I will have time to be like every other woman out there! Except, I want to do it ALL! I just keep telling myself, someday Bren, someday!

With my life and passions being such a random mixture of things, this is intended to be an outlet of excitement and stress (so I can spare my mother a phone call or 20). I'm excited to share with everyone the parts of my life that are interesting, or not so much, and everything in between!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you started another one! I'll be your number one follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm excited you've started a blog... and VERY excited to start seeing all these passions on display. If anyone in the world can love it all and do it all, it's you Bren!

    ReplyDelete