Friday, June 17, 2011

Bottle Bracelets

At a consignment shop I go to, this presh-ious lady sells some magnificent bracelets. I did my own 3 minute version. I would love to go all out and make much much much more elaborate ones someday... You know... when I have time.







I started with an old uuugly bow tie that was being thrown away from a house fire customer. (You get those all the time, dont you?) She had made them from ribbon and old shirts and anything she could get her hands on. My new old bow tie was perfect because the thickness was perfect and the edges were already finished for me. Hence the 3 minute craftiness.





Next you drink a bottle of water, coke, or my personal favorite, Dr. Pepper. Rinse out the bottle well. I didn't take a picture of this because the only way the clearness of the bottle would show up was on a dark surface and to be quite honest, any dark surfaces in my house are covered with dog and cat hair. I didn't want to be judged. Cut the bottle in the middle horizontally so now you have the a top and bottom to the bottle. Measure the width of your ribbon, repurposed bow tie, or scrap of fabric you have laying around. Then cut the bottle a tad bit skinnier than the width of your fabric. So now you should have a plastic "ring". Now cut the "ring" vertically so you can get it over your wrist.

Using hot glue or E200 (pretty much a lifesaver in my book) glue the fabric onto the plastic ring and be sure and wrap it and glue it around the edge where you cut it vertically otherwise it will dig into your wrist, therefore making this whole project a "pain in the wrist". Hehehe!





See, cuteness, isn't it?

This lady had glued old buttons, beads, and anything she could find on the bracelets, which made them that much more fab.

But, I didn't have time. And I never wear blue. Oh well. Its the craft that counts :)

1 comment:

  1. I know someone who wears blue... ;)

    I love it and think it's a great idea- you can do so much with this technique! Love you!

    ReplyDelete